Monday, October 31, 2011

ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!

This has been an interesting week, with most of the events happening over this weekend.  On Tuesday there was a cool Relief Society activity on FOOD STORAGE!  I am obsessed with this whole "be prepared" deal and I am not prepared...  It's kind of scary, but that's what this thing was for.  It was also a potluck (always count on LDS Women to have food.  Always!)  I made this really yummy pumpkin dessert that my mom always makes in the Fall.  They're called Pumpkin Bars.  They're super easy and can be easily adapted to a food storage recipe.  Here it is.  :)

Pumpkin Bars/1989 Festival of Trees cookbook
29 oz can pumpkin (JUST pumpkin, not spiced)
3 T pumpkin pie spice mix
3 eggs
1 C sugar
1/2 t salt
1 t vanilla
1 C butter
1 C evaporated milk
1 yellow cake mix
walnuts or pecans (optional)

Mix all ingredients (except cake mix, butter and nuts) in a bowl well.  Pour into 9x13 pan.

Topping:
Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture in pan.  Pour the 1 C melted butter over cake mix. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top of cake mix and butter if desired.
Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350


Soooo yummy.  :)  It smells like Heaven when it's cooking and it's served best straight out of the oven!  Make them, eat them, love them.  :)  Thanks for the recipe, mommy!  I sure love you.  :)


Wednesday was pretty good, Shenay and I sat around doing NOTHING all day aka. Shenay was on Pinterest and I was surfing random things on the net and we talked and laughed and BONDED.  ;)  She then proceeded to convince me to attend "Citrus & Sage".  Going was a LOT of fun.  I love music.  Almost more than anything else in the entire world!  Literally...  Hanging out with the chicks and Brayden was fun.  Listened to fabulous music, saw friends, went home and made crepes and watched "Pride & Prejudice" which is SERIOUSLY a miracle, because Shenay despises movies with the following attributes: "same-color lighting", accents, "different English".  All of these define a movie as "mel-AHN-kohly" (Megamind's version of melancholy) in her words.  And even better, she LIKED it!  What a fun night...  


Friday was pretty cool.  Hung out with a friend from Weber and went to a Stake Dance down there.  I dressed up as an 80's chick.  My hair was defined as being "as big as Africa" that night, and boy...  It was huge.  I'm sure I took a few adults back to the good ol' days.  


"Hey momma, welcome to the 80's!"

 
I wish you could see the whole outfit...  The heels made the deal.  ;)


 We ended up not getting back to Logan until after one, I got inside at about two...  OI!  Haven't stayed up that late in a llooooong time! 


SO ready to go to bed!!




 Saturday morning, I woke up crazy groggy but very excited because I had another motorcycle ride planned with Sean.  We met up in the morning all bundled up ready to hit the road...  or dirt.  :)  We went up Green Canyon again wanting to ride up the trail we hiked to get up to the lake, but we chickened out when it got too hard.  We ended up riding up to Mount Logan.  It was FREEZING!  On the way down, we almost crashed, it was SO funny!  I fell off the bike because I was laughing so hard.  I don't know why it was so funny, but it was...  Oh my.  :)  Getting back to the car was AWESOME because it was warm!  We sat in my car for a while to defrost.  It was nice.  :)  Then we left to get ready for Stake Conference!!  I was a few minutes late, but DANG!  President Woodland is called of God.  No doubt about it, man...  I could listen to that man speak for hours on end.  I love Church meetings!  I always walk out feeling like I could change the world.  After Stake Conference, I got ready for a Murder Mystery at a friend from the ward's home.  :)  It was a blast!  I should have taken a picture of my costume, because I was an old lady, and boy did I look it!!  Kinda elegant-ish.  :)  I liked it.  Ha ha.  It was an interesting evening...  I invited Sean to come and mostly everyone else there was in the ward, so it was easy to get to know and have fun with everyone.  It got a little awkward sometimes because the script was kinda weird.  :P  BUT it was great, nonetheless.  I was honored to end up being the MURDERER!!  And I was the only one who guessed myself.  :)  (no one knew who the murderer was until the very last minute of the night, not even the murderer)


SUNDAY...  Boy, today has been so wonderful.  And horrible.  :P  Ha ha.  I woke up with a slight headache, and knew it was because I've been dehydrated the past couple of days.  I drank some water, and figured it might go away.  Stake Conference today was incredible!  I love President Monson so much!  He is such a wonderful man!  I learned so much today from the testimonies of Sister Wixom, Elder Anderson and President Monson.  :)  My testimony has expanded a lot recently.  I love the Gospel!  I then attended Ward Choir, where my headache became more... intense.  After choir, I came back to the apartment to clean up before Shenay got back, but I could barely focus.  I ended up falling asleep for almost an hour and a half.  Naps rarely happen for me, and when I woke up I couldn't see straight.  After a while of nothing working, I ended up asking Tyla if any guy friends were coming over, because I desperately wanted a blessing.  She replied with no, and offered an Advil.  I, astonishingly, took it.  But not before I got sick.  Ugh.  Throwing up is the most horrific feeling in the entire world.  I would not wish it on my worst enemy.  BUT I was finally able to fall asleep again afterwards for about an hour, after which I woke up WITHOUT A HEADACHE!! :)  Yahoo!  Now I'm sitting here watching a movie with Shenay, blogging and eating pumpkin bars.  :)


Life is so good.  It's happy and difficult, challenging and rewarding.  I love living in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 


If you need anything, my sweet and few readers, I am always here...

I'll be seeing you.  :)




 

2 comments:

  1. Alex, You are awesome! You are seriously one of the best people I know! You inspire me to always want to be a better church member! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Michelle, you are always so kind to me... Thank you! I am so grateful to know you and your wonderful family!! :) Please tell Larry that if he ever needs anyone to work for him, I'm around. :)

    ReplyDelete