Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Documenting and Declaring

So, it's been quite some time since I've posted anything on here, and I thought that it might be a good idea to keep this up. I decided a long time ago that facebook was getting dangerous and time consuming. I didn't really do anything about it. About a month ago I stopped getting on as frequently and I don't "update my status" anymore. It's been interesting to see how different life is! You wouldn't think that something as little as that would make a big difference, but it does. I think from now on, I will only be on facebook to keep in contact with those who I cannot contact otherwise. Plus, I have to let people know I've blogged SOMEHOW. :) Anyway, on a similar topic, I have edited my blog and deleted many of my former posts seeing to the fact that they are distracting from what I want this blog to be from now on. I had a couple posts that were mainly journal entries because no one really gets on here and reads my entries. There were many things pertaining to a young man that I recently stopped dating, and there are still a few things left on here about he and I that I felt were okay. Sorry if they're mushy. I liked him a lot. :) Onward and upward.

I heard today about this "Mormonism is a cult" deal and got quite frustrated. I've gotten over the frustration since, and have moved onto confusion. My dear friends, if you have any question or doubt about whether members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are Christians, I have a few propositions for you. 1. Read the title of the church again. "The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints". 2. Read the Book of Mormon. The title is "The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of JESUS CHRIST", wherein there is hardly a page that does not reference Him and His glorious works. It was NOT WRITTEN BY Joseph Smith Jr. It was merely TRANSLATED by him through the power of God from ancient texts written by Prophets before and after Christ's time on Earth (much like the Bible). 3. Speak with active members who live and love the teachings of the Gospel. (if you don't know any members, you can visit mormon.org and lds.org or speak to me!) 4. Seek the Truth out for yourself. Now, for you members, PROCLAIM YOUR TESTIMONIES! Let's use this seemingly negative publicity and turn it into missionary opportunities! :)

I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I love trying my best to live its teachings. I am grateful for modern-day revelation, Temple work, scriptures and my Savior's Atonement. It's so simple and logical. Realistic. REAL. I know it is true. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment