Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bikes & Hikes

First of all, shout out to Jessica Greenwell and Grandma Rowley!  HAPPY BIRTHDAYS yesterday.  I love you two, very much.  :)  Second, I LOVE OCTOBER!  Fall is my favorite season.  I loved driving through Sardine Canyon everyday to go to work because the leaves were hundreds of shades of yellow, red, orange, green, brown, purple.  So very beautiful! 

I have been very lucky to meet a couple people up here at USU that I have quickly become good friends with.  I met this kid, Sean, in my Biology class and we chit-chatted a few times but weren't even really acquaintances.  I signed up for Institute (FINALLY) and it turns out he was in that class.  Lucky me!  (The Lord always provides the things/people you need in your life when you choose Him above other things!)  So at that point, we became pretty good friends.  He's my homeboy.  ;)  Ha ha.  He's from California so we always talk gangster...  Random explanation.  Anyway, he's pretty much the only person I hang out with up here other than my roommate and people in Church (sad, really because I've only hung out with him like... three times.  :P).  Friday was a bit of a rough day for me and I was alone at the apartment because everyone else went home for the weekend, so I decided to see if he wanted to hang out.  Of course being the good friend that he is, he told me to go riding with him (has a dirt bike he rides around on).  He's been trying to convince me to go with him for a while, but 1. all those other times he didn't have another helmet and 2. timing was never good when he asked 3. He's crashed and broken his hand, hurt his ankle, shoulder and who knows what else... Need I say more?  ;)  This time, I said heck yes!  He came over to the apartment, we ate and said a prayer, "PLEASE help us not die!" "I'm really grateful for this chance to go have fun!", and headed out. 

Now, I have ridden ATVs my whole life...  There are pictures of me where I am barely a year old riding around with my dad on our old Big Red 3-wheeler (I HATE that thing... *shudders*).  I ride 4-wheelers (aka "quads") often and LOVE the thrill of it, but I have never, to my remembrance, been on a motorcycle.  To be honest, I've always wanted one, and since I moved up to Logan, this whole car dealio has been a bit of a nuisance.  I wish I just had a scooter or bike to save gas.  I digress...  As usual.  I was a little nervous really excited to get out, get on a bike and spend some off-road time wit ma homes.  He took it easy on the road because he's terrified of cops he was helping me ease into the whole experience, but as soon as the pavement ended, he hit it.  MAN!  It was so much fun!!  We went up Green Canyon and it was so beautiful!

These pics were taken with my phone=not great quality
It was probably a 20 minute ride up then we parked, stretched and went on a little hike at the trail-head.  The hike was fun and really pretty.  We just talked about life and riding, crashing experiences, snotty people from Bountiful ;) and that we were afraid of being eated by bears.  So we ran.  :)  I love running, just fyi.

I love that little patch of orange!

Got back to the bike and rode off toward the pink horizon...  UNTIL we saw this radical cave!  We stopped and hiked up to it.  The view was incredible!  Both of us commented that looking at the mountain and trees was trippy.  We don't know why or how...  :P

I'm kinda sad this is blurry... The picture doesn't do the view justice.
Anyway, got back on the bike, hauled down and came back to my apartment where we made NO-BAKE COOKIES.  :)  Mmmmm...  No Bakes.  My favorite.  Showed each other good music and watched "The Guardian".  Then he left and got pulled over...  HA ha.  :)  No ticket though, so that's cool

Aaaannnyway, it was tons of fun and I'm going to get a bike.  Soon.  I want one BAD!

I'll be seeing you.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment